I swear… life is testing me right now.
- Called my doctor to make an appointment about my thyroid. They said the earliest they could get me in was the end of June. The end of fucking June. 😠
- Looked around and learned that the FMC-linked clinics in town have “Walk-In Wednesdays” for new patients, people that don’t have an appointment, etc. 🙂
- Oh, and despite being nowhere around poison ivy when I worked in the yard the other day, I now have a bit of poison ivy on both of my hands. 😑 Awesome.
- Went to the MRI place to have them print out my results for me. Sat for almost an hour before they were able to get that done. 😒 (New computers or something.)
- Now that I’ve been able to read them myself, they aren’t good, but they aren’t necessarily bad bad quite yet. 😕 A little more urgency for the Wed appt now.
- Received the determination from my Franklin Co Court workers comp case, which is 21 pages long and full of case law and obscene amounts of legal-ese. 🤔
- The results were in my favor, which is awesome, but my mind is still focused on getting up early to make sure I’m at the walk-in clinic on Wednesday when they open. 🤨
- Slept about 4 hours (the same as most nights lately) then woke up at 4am and waited until close to noon to head in town and get in line at the doctor’s office.
- Arrived 15 minutes early to an empty parking lot and a sign on the door that said all of the offices were closed today for employee training. 😐😑😣😡🤬🤦🏻♂️
- Sat in the parking lot, debating if I should drive around town looking for someone to run down, but decided to go visit Dad instead. (I’ll leave it up to the reader to decide my level of joking on that last comment… heh)
Keep in mind… I’m already twitchy about phone calls and appointments and such, I’m already feeling physically miserable lately, plus I’ve got workers comp shit on my mind. Plus plus I now know what the results of my MRI are, and it’s rather important that a few additional tests are needed sooner than later. 😳
I’m glad that I went out to see Dad though. I had already psyched myself up and found the energy to potentially endure a long, long wait at the doctor’s office – so hanging out for a few hours with Dad, talking, was definitely a better way to spend that time. So I do have those couple of silver linings… the win in court (which, unfortunately, can still be appealed to the Ohio State Supreme Court) and the visit.
I’m taking the rest of the day off now. I’m not gonna think about any of this negative shit for the rest of the day, so that way when I get up tomorrow I can hopefully make some phone calls regarding insurance, cards, workers comp shit, etc. 🤞🏻